Thursday 31 August 2017

New monitor stuck in power save mode (Dell S2417DG)

Hey guys, I've spent the last 2 hours dealing with this; I'm pretty frustrated.

I just got a new Dell S2417DG and the screen is just blank. My computer does not recognize the Mini DP-DP cable (full stop, just nothing. . ) When I plug in the HDMI, the computer recognizes it, but the screen is still blank.

On the monitor side, anytime I hit any of the buttons on the bottom right, it brings up the input selector and lets me choose between the DP and the HDMI. I cannot access any other menus on the monitor.

One messages comes up every time I hit a button on the monitor.

"Power saving function is on. When there is no signal for certain period, the monitor will go into power saving, to wake up the monitor, press any menu button"

It seems to be stuck in power save mode. I have no clue what to do!

Thanks for reading guys, I appreciate it.

  • M


Submitted August 31, 2017 at 05:16PM by TerancePickles http://ift.tt/2elpC85

No comments:

Post a Comment