Wednesday 30 August 2017

Deep, whirring noise from PC

Hello dear Redditors

I do not have too much knowledge of computers, and thought ths was the place.

For a while my desktop PC has been making way too much noise, and with it being in the living room, it has really annoyed family members. It had never been cleaned since purchase (years ago), and I thought why not clean it. I had never seen that much dust in my life. Having no equipment, I had lightly cleaned it with towels, afraid that I might damage the hardware. A lot of the dust was removed. I put it back on, and it seems that the same noise just continued at a different pitch. Everytime I run more than one program, or put on Youtube, it sounds like a plane is about to take off.

At this point, I really don't know what is going on with the PC, and would hope there is a DIY solution to this.

Cheers



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 03:01AM by PresidentCheese- http://ift.tt/2vGuqvZ

No comments:

Post a Comment