Saturday 28 October 2017

USB 3.0 port not working on home PC

Hello, apologies for the vague title but it pretty much sums up the issue I' having. Also first time posting on this sub, so I'm sorry if the formatting is a little fucked.

The case that houses my computer has 2 built in USB 3.0 ports on top of the case, which share a connection cable that plugs into the motherboard. The issue I'm having is that one of the ports works fine, while the other port doesn't work at all (doesn't detect anything that's plugged into it). I've tried restarting my computer, unplugging the cable and replugging it back in, and updating all of my drivers. I browsed the internet for people that have similar issues, but I can't seem to find anyone that has this exact problem as me. Any help would be appreciated. I'm currently using:

  • Kaby Lake Intel Core i7
  • Asus Z170-A (LGA1151)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • 2TB Western Digital HDD
  • 250GB Samsung SSD
  • Windows 10

Thanks again.

EDIT: Formatting



Submitted October 29, 2017 at 08:57AM by AWPerator_X http://ift.tt/2iHVEk8

No comments:

Post a Comment