Thursday 1 June 2017

HP Officejet 4630 Factory Reset (How-to)

Long story short, I'm the genius who decided to set a really strong password for my printer network login, so strong in fact, I forgot what it was. I Googled myself silly trying to find information on how to reset the settings and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd leave this here for future me.

To access the manufacturer settings menu for the HP Officejet 4630 printer:

1) Click these buttons consecutively: Home -> Dash -> Home -> Home

2) Once in the Service Menu, click the down button until you get to "Resets Menu".

3) You have a few reset options: Partial Reset, Partial-Full Reset, or OOBE Reset.

(OOBE is the full, factory reset and will reset all settings including anything you set in the printer network settings. This is what I went with just to be sure every setting was cleared away.)



Submitted June 02, 2017 at 02:11AM by unbekanntMann http://ift.tt/2rZjbQq

No comments:

Post a Comment