Tuesday 30 January 2018

WiFi Interference in High Density Downtown Areas

Hey, So I noticed my Comcast WiFi was being super slow this past week, so I called Comcast to ask what was up and they sent a guy to my place. He didn't find any issues with my connection, and when hardwired my internet is fine at about 110 download speed. Via the WiFi, it is at 20-30 download with only one device that is right next to the router. The guy said that it may be because I live in an apartment building in a high-density downtown area and that my signal is getting interference from other people's devices and WiFi networks. He recommended that I return the Comcast equipment and get a stronger router/modem.

My question to the community is that when I am looking at new router/modem combos, what details am I looking for to fix my problem and get a super strong WiFi signal?

I've been looking at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZUPOF7Y?ref=emc_b_5_t but what about it tells me that it is the best choice for my problem?

Thanks,



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 06:22AM by N1cka5 http://ift.tt/2BFN7BY

No comments:

Post a Comment