Wednesday 31 January 2018

New-ish PC has started losing time, now intermittantly won't boot. Still powers usb ports.

Motherboard - AB350 Pro4 PSU - Corsair VS650 Windows 10 64bit

About a week ago my PC - built about 4 months ago - wouldn't boot in the morning when I pressed the power button. I tried again a few hours later and it worked, but I noticed the clock on windows was hours behind. Other than that it worked fine.

This trend continued throughout the week, wouldn't respond to power button, then eventually it would boot but with a messed up clock. Today i got sick of it not turning on and ruled out a loose powerbutton switch by connecting the power pin and its neighbouring ground pin on the motherboard with a screwdriver. I got a spark but nothing turned on.

It is still outputting power to the USB ports.

I figure the problem could be in my motherboard battery - could that explain the constant loss of system time, even though power is clearly in the system? Other than that I've got no idea.

Thanks!



Submitted February 01, 2018 at 05:33AM by Pulse_and_Spiral http://ift.tt/2BJkJ1T

No comments:

Post a Comment