Wednesday 31 January 2018

Seagate External Drive used for Time Machine Backup won't read on Windows 10

Hi Guys,

So I know this is a pretty common problem but I can't seem to find a solution to it in all the googling I've done so far.

I recently bought a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (2TB), and used it to back up all the data on my 2013 iMac with the Time Machine function. I got a new PC laptop which I want to transfer all the data to (the laptop is a Dell i5 8gb ddr4 1tb with Windows 10).

So when I inserted the external drive in my iMac, I had to reformat the drive so that it can be read by the iMac. After that was successful, I backed up everything using Time Machine. I checked on my iMac and saw that everything was backed up on the external. Great. Now on to the next problem.

I inserted the external hard drive on the laptop I'm working on, and the drive doesn't show up at all in the file explorer / my computer / This PC.

What can be done about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 09:28PM by Hannoose http://ift.tt/2DPJNtT

No comments:

Post a Comment