Wednesday 31 January 2018

Internet slows to less than 1Mbps than fails every time I attempt to play an online game

I've been using my PC at my old house with 0 issues, using a wifi adapter (NetGear Genie A6210) but since moving to a new house, the internet very obviously lags within 10 minutes of loading into an online game (specifically PUBG and Rocket League). It is viewed as remaining connect at 1Mbps, but it is very obviously disconnected. It takes about 20 seconds to show a disconnection, despite other people's voices and in game progress failing earlier.

I can browse the internet, use YouTube, and even download updates for games/programs not a problem, but the second I require a constant high speed connection it fails. The internet remains connected and fully functional on my phone and other devices, it is only the PC that struggles.

I don't know how to search google to diagnose my problem and any help at all would be great.

Windows 10 OS

EDIT: Just tried a game of Fortnite, and it disconnected me after going to "1Mbps" like the other games but Fortnite gave me the error message "Outgoing reliable buffer overflow"



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 02:49PM by rockerman28 http://ift.tt/2GwzvwB

No comments:

Post a Comment