Monday 29 January 2018

The application I'm using shuts down completely when I type in the word rogue and press enter

I first noticed this problem when I was trying to play the game 'Streets of Rogue' on my pc. Whenever I clicked play, Steam would shut down. No error message, nothing. Just a shutdown. Then, I tried typing streets of rogue into chrome and pressing enter, chrome would shut down. Then Microsoft Edge shut down when I just typed in the word rogue. Literally any application that I can type the word rogue into and press enter on, the app closes. I downloaded some antivirus software (AVG) and it discovered a threat called IDP.ARES.GENERIC. I deleted it and it hasn't been detected again. Meanwhile the glitch still stands. It doesn't manifest until about five minutes after my computer starts up, and I haven't noticed any other problems. What's causing this issue, and why is it so specific??



Submitted January 30, 2018 at 07:10AM by Press-Start_To-Play http://ift.tt/2DLunmw

No comments:

Post a Comment