Wednesday 31 January 2018

Playing a twitch stream while in Windowed Borderless causes the illusion of 60hz?

So I just got into this game PoE, and recently setup the price check hotkey. I enjoy that, but it requires playing in Windowed Borderless. Okay I'm fine with that.. Performance and FPS is still smooth and what not.. except with a Twitch stream on my 2nd monitor. Then my game feels choppy and hurts my eyes... the 144hz buttery smoothness is gone.

It's fine in Windowed Borderless if I DON'T have a Twitch stream up on the 2nd monitor. The thing that's odd... is if I am FULLSCREEN having a Twitch stream up on my 2nd monitor DOES NOT have the same effect.. the game is still smooth.

So basically.. for clarity let me reword this if you don't understand my issue. If I watch a Twitch stream on my 2nd monitor in Windowed Borderless, it feels like I'm playing on 60hz... but if I watch a Twitch stream while on Fullscreen, my game stays at buttery smooth 144hz.

Now I have read that the issue is lying in the fact that my main monitor is 144hz but my second monitor is 60hz.. and something in Windows or NVIDIA is causing my Windowed Borderless POE to be forced at 60hz.. but to me that's weird since if a Twitch stream isn't up the borderless is perfectly fine.

Yes I have disabled Windows Game Bar/DVR, and yes I have Vsync DISABLED

If there is a solution outside of changing my second monitor of 60hz out for a 144hz monitor... that'd be pretty sick. I appreciate any help.



Submitted February 01, 2018 at 02:15AM by gold3esea http://ift.tt/2rVLvof

No comments:

Post a Comment