Wednesday 31 January 2018

Employee gave remote access to the office computer to a scammer yesterday. What are the steps to take?

My receptionist gave remote access to our work computer to a scanner yesterday who posed as a Brother customer service representative. Long story short, I have scanned for malware and blocked remote access for the future as well as changed any password on the computer.

Is there any way to know if or what they took? They were trying to sell her something when I came out from working with a client so perhaps they only wanted credit card info but I would like to be sure if I could.

Thanks for the help. Also note that the number which shows up on Google when searching for support from multiple companies is 1-855-687-3777. That's the scammer.

Edit: also they used Zoosk to access the computer if that helps



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 10:29PM by stretchypantsforfun http://ift.tt/2DPfDDg

No comments:

Post a Comment