Wednesday 31 January 2018

Bad/dying HDD help

Hi all, a friend of mine was rather silly and had lots of data on a 1tb Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive SRD00f1. This data is know where else and it has her masters thesis on it. We are rather remote but I have some tools. So far I've left the drive in its enclosure but I have a powered sata to usb 3.0 adapter I could put it in if that helps.

Thus far the drive appears as D in windows explorer but cannot be opened and appears as raw. Recuva found nothing of value (lots of 0kb files) and I have a copy of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard so I tried to run that. During the deep scan it seems to find everything with the proper size attached but when I try to recover very few files actually come through at the right size. I haven't let it finish a deep scan yet and have just been trying to recover as it scans since the drive likes to disconnect and interrupt the scan. I know it should've properly been backed up but I'd really love to help her out with this currently I'm just being patient and running a full deep scan. Any advice is welcome!

TLDR: Someone didn't backup a masters thesis and the drive appears as raw



Submitted January 31, 2018 at 06:42PM by CapeChill http://ift.tt/2Esl7ES

No comments:

Post a Comment