Tuesday 30 January 2018

New PSU overheating, pc shutdown.

'sup guys

I bought a cx 450 from Corsair to replace my 4 year old cx 430 because my PC was showing strange behavior after the purchase of a GTX 1050 ti (pink / red artifacts, PC restarting randomly, among others)

Anyway, my Cx 450 arrives, then I install it, everything ok, Pc booted normally then i went to play cs: go - exactly 1: 20 hours passes and out of nowhere my PC shuts off, I try to start it and nothing

After opening the case I notice that the PSU is very hot, to the point of being annoying to the touch (i risk to say a 50 ° celsius) finally, I turn off and on, on the psu Power button, my pc turns on but does not show video all fans running normally (APARENTLY the psu fan is spinning too), and when I tried to shut It off, It didnt let me, so i had to turn the psu Button off, case Power button wouldnt work.

I am in need of assistance because I'm in tremendous fear of having picked up a bad PSU and burned my video card that has not even been used for 2 months.

What would be the cause of this shutdown, the psu may be faulty? Or some other cause?

Pc configuration:

FX 6300 stock Ga-GA-78LMT-S2 GTX 1050 ti Galax HD 1 tb 7200 rpm 2x4 GB ram 1333 MHz DDR3 1 fan 120mm-1 fan 80mm Standard keyboard / mouse Pc connected only to the line filter, the same plugged into the outlet directly. Standard cd / dvd recorder

  • (Psu connections all checked, no errors found, I've already set up many pcs so I'm fairly secure about this)
  • (Vga and processor temps are optimum (60 ° and 35 ° celsius respectively) during the time before shutdown)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ps: After writing this cry for help, another attempt to start the PC, this time with success, boot and video all right, but I continue to fear using this machine, at least with this PSU.



Submitted January 30, 2018 at 05:23PM by Kellork http://ift.tt/2nrhdUR

No comments:

Post a Comment