Tuesday 30 January 2018

Monitor Randomly Goes Black But PC Keeps Running.

I need some tech support!

Over the last few weeks my custom built desktop PC has developed an odd behavior. Every now and then, at seemingly random times, my monitor goes black for a few seconds. The audio keeps going though. If I'm playing a game, the game appears to keep going as well. In other words, the computer does not seem to be crashing - the screen just goes black.

Here's my basic set up:

FX-8320

GTX 970

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Corsair CX600M PSU

Acer 1080p 144Hz monitor (DVI connected)

I've tried hooking up another monitor but it still happens. I've tried updating my GPU driver, but no luck there either. GPU and CPU temps appear to be within normal limits.

I have mostly had this happen while gaming or watching a Youtube video, but it has happened... just because. I am stumped here. I've never seen a computer do this before.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. I suspect it's a hardware failure of some kind, but I really don't know.



Submitted January 30, 2018 at 08:23PM by marlowe221 http://ift.tt/2nsTYJV

No comments:

Post a Comment