Wednesday 29 November 2017

PC suddenly suffering framerate stuttering every few seconds in any and all games.

Hello /r/TechSupport,

I have had my computer for almost a year now, and it has worked flawlessly up to this point. All of a sudden, I am having frame stuttering every few moments in every single game, including games a potato should be able to run like ROBLOX and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (on lowest settings!). I have attempted every single fix I can find online, but nothing has worked, including forcing adaptive v-sync in Nvidia settings, cleaning the inside of my PC, running McAfee anti-virus, as well as moving the game to my SSD to make sure my HDD wasn't failing. When I monitored my computer while running a game, there were no noticeable spikes in anything when the stuttering occurs, which leads me to believe that my RAM and CPU are perfectly fine. I am at the point where I am almost giving up. While running Fraps to monitor my framerate, I noticed that what is actually happening is it is randomly dropping from 60 to 30 fps, but only for a moment.

Parts:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - 8GB - ASUS STRIX RGB (VR-Ready)

Power Supply: 1000 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Bronze

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon -3x PCIe x16, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2x USB 3.0, 1x M.2, DDR4 Memory w/ RGB LED

Processor Cooling: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Standard 120mm Fan

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (4x 4.00GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-6700K

Memory: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - ADATA XPG Z1

These are the games that I have experienced the error in (this includes all the recent games I have played since experiencing the error):

ROBLOX (highest settings, 1080p monitor)

Euro Truck Simulator (Highest settings, 1080p monitor. Highest settings, 4k monitor. Lowest settings, 4k monitor)

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (Highest settings, 1080p monitor).

Thanks for any help, Justicescooby

PS: I have no way to revert to former versions of Windows, so I am out of luck if Windows 10 Creator Update is the issue.



Submitted November 29, 2017 at 09:40PM by Justicescooby http://ift.tt/2zP184v

No comments:

Post a Comment