Thursday 30 November 2017

Selling 2 SSDs on ebay but can't wipe them

Description of problem

I currently have 2 120gb Samung SSDs that I have listed on ebay and have not been able to successful wipe them. They have been formatted and were running in a raid 0 which I think means the info was split between them. I have not had success using the Samsung magician software because it creates a bootable usb which I can't seem to boot to. The buyer is a reputable seller should I worry about my data being stolen if I sell them.

Is there an easier to just wipe these drives from withing windows without going through the whole bootable usb step?

Other relevant info

no

When this issue began

week ago

Recurring issue

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

n/a

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

tried wiping these with the SSD software with no luck.



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 02:09AM by thomasisthomasis http://ift.tt/2irUvh4

No comments:

Post a Comment