Thursday 30 November 2017

Company internet has some sort of access requirement. Am I safe to bypass it with a Lan cable?

Essentially I am working for a company abroad, and the accommodation internet is awful. The company internet needs to allow access from their side (they have some sort of wait list for devices that are trying to access I guess), but in my room is a router since I'm in a high ranking employees room since he is on leave.

My question is, if I bypass their waiting list (or whatever, I don't know if there is a technical term), will it get flagged as an attack or something?

P.S. I'm really not that savvy with this stuff so sorry if I murdered this explanation of the issue.



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 08:44PM by Flowers-are-Good http://ift.tt/2nlo1Xs

No comments:

Post a Comment