Wednesday 29 November 2017

2008 Mac Pro Server

Description of problem

So I'm not sure if this belongs here but I thought someone here may be able to help me out.So I picked up two 2008 Mac Pros from an electronics recycling center so that I could teach myself how to build a home media server. The intention was to install ubuntu server on one of them and use components from the other if needed. Turns out I believe the graphics cards in both are not working. Because I intend to use one of them for a server I really don't need a monitor other than to set up and do software maintenance.I was wondering If anyone knows any clever tricks to display the boot up screen so I can install Ubuntu without the graphics card.I was thinking about trying to install Ubuntu on the hard drive externally with another computer and then reinstall the hard drive but I wasn't sure if the installation would require the same hardware in both machines for this to work.

Other relevant info

N/A

When this issue began

11/29

Recurring issue

Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

N/A

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

N/A



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 05:19AM by McNut http://ift.tt/2Ap2K46

No comments:

Post a Comment