Thursday 30 November 2017

Windows 10 is completely freezing at random intervals, no blue screen

Hello! Ever since the latest feature update for Windows 10, I've been experiencing periodic freezes that force me to completely turn off my machine and reboot it.

Listed below are the specs for my machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

System Type x64-based PC

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB DDR3

Graphics Card nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB

When the crashes have happened has been variable; in one instance, upon loading Google Chrome and trying to access a website, the computer froze. It has crashed in the middle of running some gaming applications like Overwatch, but weirdly seems to crash more often when trying to boot Overwatch as well.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

Used Blizzard's Repair option to fix Overwatch (but the crashes still continued after, so the below steps were taken)

Updated graphics drivers to latest version

Double-checked virtual memory to make sure it is at a desired level

Used rkill and Malwarebytes to check for any malware (no malicious software was detected)

It'd be nice if my machine would give me the courtesy of giving me a blue screen so I can get an error code, but unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 02:11PM by megamidget2 http://ift.tt/2jwR1WO

No comments:

Post a Comment