Thursday 30 November 2017

Mysterious issue when going to sleep/hibernate

Whenever I send my Windows 7 computer to sleep/hibernate for the first time, it will act normally. It goes straight to sleep if I have hibernation turned off, or goes into hybrid sleep if I have hibernation turned on. Waking works normally. However, on the second time, the computer will not go to sleep. It sits and spins for about 5 minutes before throwing a BSOD and shutting down. My only workaround is to shut down instead of sleeping on the second time. This has happened ever since I built this computer.

Here's the odd thing, though - a few months ago I had one good streak where I could send my computer to sleep consistently, with no hardware changes. Eventually it did crash again, but I didn't save the dump before I ended up cleaning them out.

What I've done

  • Here's my BlueScreenView entries. For all entries, the crash address is ntoskrnl.exe+6f4c0.

  • Ran memtest - all of my memtest tests came away clean.

  • I used my Win7 installation media to try and repair the OS, but nothing appeared to be wrong.

  • Installed any and all updates to see if the issue was patched at some point.

  • Short of reinstalling the OS, I do not think I have any other options.

Specifications

  • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, up to date

  • ASRock H97m-ITX/AC

  • Intel i5-4690k @3.5GHz

  • G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB 1600MHz (part number F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)

  • PNY CS1311 240GB SSD (OS drive,) WD Blue 1TB (part number WD10EZEX), Seagate ST​3250310CS

  • ASUS GTX 960 4GB (part number STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5)

  • EVGA 600B (part number 100-B1-0600-KR)



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 08:36PM by SundownMarkTwo http://ift.tt/2Ah4Cvl

No comments:

Post a Comment