Thursday 30 November 2017

My old iPhone 5S playing up.

So I have an old iPhone 5S which I bought out right on release. I've been trying to avoid upgrading for cost reasons because I'm tight and the phone works or worked fine.

Recently it has started dying at around 17% but plugging it in gets it going again. But today it literally just died in my hands at 40%, black screen, won't turn on, nothing showed on screen so I try charging it and nothing shows up on screen (usually charge icon shows).

I try the reset by holding 2 buttons and nothing, I leave it plugged in for 5 minutes and come back to a still dead phone. At this point I'm pretty pissed off and decide to try a Russian repair job and whack the phone on my bedside table. And the damn apple logo appears and it turns on and seems fine now as I'm writing this.

I'm guessing battery issue? My firmware hasn't been updated in awhile either so could that be an issue? I don't know, but really didn't want to have to get a new phone.

Anyone know anything about this? Don't want it turning into a brick when I need it. Thanks.



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 12:20AM by rexkwondo72 http://ift.tt/2BzlRq5

No comments:

Post a Comment