Thursday 30 November 2017

Just cloned everything from my old SSD to my new SSD and I am having difficulties setting my new SSD as the boot drive

I bought a new SSD because my current SSD was only 500 GB and I needed more storage. I wanted to clone my old SSD on to my new 1 TB SSD so that I could use that as my main drive and use the 500 GB one as just a storage drive for Misc. user data.

I don't know very much at all about setting boot drives or what is required but I had a few questions. In this screenshot from AOMEI Partition Assistant you can see on my old drive there is a partition that is labeled as "system" and one labeled as "boot." I am guessing that the "boot" status will switch over when I set the new drive as the boot drive but I am concerned about the "system" status. Does that need to be changed and if so how do I do it?



Submitted December 01, 2017 at 07:10AM by dolphinflip http://ift.tt/2ivjyzR

No comments:

Post a Comment