Thursday 30 November 2017

[Lenovo T460] My laptop is freezing, then the screen slowly turns grey/black spreading from the left side.

So I was dumb and didn't turn my computer off before flying, and ever since then, my computer will sometimes lock up and start getting this weird darkness spreading from the left-hand side of the screen.

Picture when it's fully spread

I know it's a hardware issue because when I tap my computer on either side of the trackpad (where the harddrive is) it will unfreeze and the darkness will go, but until I restart the computer, the screen flickers.

I've taken out the hard drive and just sprayed down the area with air and tried cleaning the connections and making sure the harddrive was in securely, but the problem still persists.

I guess I want to know if it's as simple as a busted harddrive that I can just replace by myself, or some other problem I don't know. Thanks a bunch.



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 10:31PM by Lieutenant_Crunch http://ift.tt/2AhsVcG

No comments:

Post a Comment