Wednesday 29 November 2017

Network does not show connected computers.

Small home network. 3PCs (all running Windows 10), 1 WDMYCLOUD NAS. I am NOT using Homegroup, but Network.

Before this, when I clicked on Network in Windows Explorer, I would get a list of connected computers/NAS underneath. (I could then click on those and browse shared folders).

Since today when I click on Network that does not happen. I can still see shared Media Devices, Multifuncion Devices, Printers and Storage, but not the machines themselves. The WDMyCLoud NAS shows up as storage, but when I click on it it doesn't direct me to shared folders, but to the cloud IP address.

When I type \WDMYCLOUD (or the name of one of the other 2 machines) in Windows Explorer in the address bar, I CAN connect successfully and I have access to the shared folders. Although this does work for now for trying to save and open files to shared drives I used most often (pinned to Quick access)...it's a bit of a hassle and I would like to fix this if that is possible.

The other 2 computers do not (yet ;) ) have this issue. All connected machines show up when they click on Network.

I have rebooted, chosen 'forget wifi network' and set it up as a new one, made sure I am discoverable and that my PC can be connected to by the other 2, and checked these services

  • DNS Client
  • Function Discovery Resource Publication
  • SSDP Discovery
  • UPnP Device Host

are running.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted November 29, 2017 at 07:38PM by hwknd http://ift.tt/2i3cQgw

No comments:

Post a Comment