Thursday 29 June 2017

Building a computer, cant get BIOS to recognize M.2 drive

Description of problem

MoBo: EVGA Z270 FTW K

M.2: Crucial MX300 2280SS

I am building a PC and have not installed windows anywhere, and I don't see the M.2 drive in the boot list. I am sure that I have the drive inserted all the way, and have checked. The slot is type M, and so is the drive, so that shouldn't be the issue. I think I have all the power cables plugged in. I tried following my mobo manual's instructions for enabling it, but it keeps calling things differently than what reads on the screen. But I think I managed to get the slot enabled.

Not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Also, I cant get the PC to ask for a bootable drive...it just keeps rebooting back to BIOS when I save and exit.

Other relevant info

N/A

When this issue began

N/A

Recurring issue

Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

N/A

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

N/A



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 08:25AM by StaticasaurusRex http://ift.tt/2tqFlfb

No comments:

Post a Comment