Friday 30 June 2017

Blue Screen of Death After 15 Minutes of Idle

DISCLAIMER: I am a bit of a noob in this area, so please bare with me and be prepared for questions that may seem obvious to answer... Thanks!

So a couple of days ago I noticed something odd with my PC when I came back from being away from keyboard and my monitor was blank with one line of text:

"Error 1962: No operating system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat."

It stayed like this for I while, so I pressed the power button and turned it back on. It was fine.

Until later on I went idle for a wee bit and the same thing happened. I knew something was up to I turned it back on in the same way I did before, then left it to see if it would turn off, and sure enough it did.

I got this: http://ift.tt/2sofrcu

So, I updated windows, ran a virus scan, updated a load of drivers, ran "/scf scannow" in powershell, and none of these things seemed to have worked.

My PC is completely usable so long as I'm interacting with it, but if I go idle it crashes.

I'm at a loss here so I could really use some advice!



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 02:31PM by Mawgon http://ift.tt/2t7IbU3

No comments:

Post a Comment