Friday 30 June 2017

Spilled a drink on my keyboard, now there is something on my computer screwing up my 144hz screen during startup.

Yesterday I spilled a drink on my keyboard, which led to it triggering multiple buttons so that my screen was constantly opening and closing programs and writing stuff for a good few seconds before I came to my sense and unplugged the keyboard.

I cleaned the keyboard and let it dry over the night, and now it works perfectly again. The only problem is that my computer doesn't.

When i start my computer with my usual 2-monitor setup, it looks perfectly normal for a few seconds. Then, without me doing anything, my main-monitor (144hz, the other one being a different sized 60hz one), shows something which would be expected from a monitor that has been kicked or something: http://ift.tt/2us7WxI

At first I thought I had spilled my drink on the monitor as well without noticing thus ruining it, but there are no signs of that. However, when I start my computer using only my 60hz screen, everything works perfectly.

When I start the computer I go through the usual routine, which involves activating AMD's "Game Booster", which Basically closes all small and unnecessary programs to boost performance. Now here comes the odd part: After activating this program, I can plug in my 144hz screen with no complications what-so-ever, everything works perfectly again.

I believe that Perhaps i changed some settings or something when my keyboard was going bananas, although I have no idea How to fix this or what the actual cause of the problem is. Considering everything works if i plug it in past startup, there is bound to be something revolving that. Any ideas?

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully someone can help me with this.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 11:42PM by klirre1 http://ift.tt/2tueCOq

No comments:

Post a Comment