Friday 30 June 2017

90% Memory Usage on Idle - 16GB RAM

Screenshot of Task Manager and Resource Monitor

I'd like to know what's taking up my memory. I've got 16GB DDR3 RAM, but my system is always above 90% memory usage. Launching games or Adobe Programs makes it hit 100%, and they freeze up or get very laggy.

Resource Monitor says I have 16384MB of installed memory, but when I added up the usage of all of the processes, it came out to just over 600MB. I must have processes running that don't show up in either program. How can I find and kill these processes?

Restarting the computer brings it down to about 7% usage on idle for 10-15 minutes. After that it crawls back up to 90+%

Running Windows 10. Let me know if you'd like any more information. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

[edit] Ran a full Malwarebytes scan which didn't detect anything (scanned memory, startup files, registry, and file system).



Submitted July 01, 2017 at 07:24AM by CaptainSylus http://ift.tt/2u93dBM

No comments:

Post a Comment