Thursday 29 June 2017

One of the fans on my GPU starts to make a clicking sound whenever I play video games. It's been going on for months. Information inside.

So, I've had this problem for months. When I play any video game or, recently, at random times, one of the fans of my GPU makes a really loud and obnoxious clicking/rattling sound.

After removing all the dust and looking at the fan, this is what I've noticed:

  1. The fan does not seem to spin as fast as the other fans.

  2. When I turn off the PC, that fan stops MUCH quicker than the other GPU fan or my CPU fan.

  3. There are no wires touching the fan or the entirety of the GPU itself.

  4. The plastic of the casing does not seem to be vibrating or rattling.

  5. When I manually make the fan speed above 45%, the rattling starts.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Edit:

From the Live Chat on the right, someone said it's likely the ball bearing of the fan, which makes sense. So far this is my best bet. If anyone has any other ideas that would be appreciated too, thanks.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 04:49AM by UseKnowledge http://ift.tt/2tviFLb

No comments:

Post a Comment