Thursday 29 June 2017

Shrinking partition using AOMEI over the normal limit

So I use a PM951 Samsung SSD with a 512gb capacity.

I was planning to install Linux on it to dual boot however it seems like the limit of shrinking the partition is only 25gb despite having a lot more space.

I assume that there are unmovable system files placed there so I guess I have to use a third party solution.

I downloaded AOMEI partition assistant and it seems like it can resize partitions however it wants as long as I have the space.

If I do this will this corrupt the ssd? I am not sure which kind of data is stored on the 25gb mark but if it were to be system files, will the resize of the partitioning corrupt my boot?



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 07:20AM by IoSonoFormaggio http://ift.tt/2u4IPBD

No comments:

Post a Comment