Friday 30 June 2017

Computer having frequent crashing issues with both programs, games, and the computer itself.

Operating System

Windows 7

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4GB VRam), Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, unsure about power supply and motherboard, but they're enough to support the system at full load

Speccy Link

http://ift.tt/2snLj0G

Description of problem

My computer has had issues involving crashing for nearly two years. It used to work flawlessly with all applications, though now it has constantly inconsistent issues that randomly resolve themselves, then come back. From blue screen restarts, to simply crashing games, to my browser crashing at least once a day. I cannot find out what's wrong with my computer, because the problems are never consistent, so I never know what to do, how to approach it, or anything of a similar sort.

In case this can help, my graphics card, since installation, has never wanted to spin its' fans on its' own. I've had to use MSI afterburner in order for the fans to spin fast enough to prevent the card from overheating, and blue screen crashing my computer.

When this issue began

These issues first popped up after the installation of my graphics card nearly two years ago. (The computer also was knocked over at that time, though I'm uncertain if that matters.)

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

I don't know what is causing the specific issues, so I cannot say.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

All I know is I've tried virus programs, all which have found nothing, a few registry-based edits, which did nothing, I've even checked the connections, and updated all software within my computer itself.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 11:00AM by Captain-ShadowPants http://ift.tt/2t7yV28

No comments:

Post a Comment