Thursday 29 June 2017

Computer restarting randomly, and 2GB of RAM is “Hardware Reserved”

I have a computer which is randomly crashing and restarting (The screen goes black and Windows boots up again).

Also, on some occasions (after crashing or when starting up normally) 2.1GB of my 3GB total RAM is “hardware reserved” according to Task Manager. Only 890MB is usable, which obviously makes the computer difficult to use. Sometimes it boots and 2.7GB is usable (this is normal).

I’ve reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, but the issue has resurfaced.

I’ve taken a look at some forums and am thinking that the PSU might be failing, or that the motherboard’s RAM slots are failing (I have 1+2GB of RAM). Based on the issues I have described, what do you think the problem could be?



Submitted June 29, 2017 at 04:40PM by RoboticChicken http://ift.tt/2tsURb3

No comments:

Post a Comment