Thursday 29 June 2017

Analog mic volume too low

Howdy, friends! I currently have an analog microphone here which is connected via the 3.5mm mic in motherboard jack on the back of my PC (Windows 10). When I use it, however, the volume is way too low even with the mic volume set to max. When I turn up the mic boost setting to high, it's still fairly low plus it adds a lot of white noise. Is this due to it being an analog mic? Do I need some sort of amp to boost the volume or is there some other setting I'm missing which would prevent me from needing to purchase anything additional for my setup? (preferred) I've messed with the Realtek HD audio manager settings and even tried the front mic in port on my desktop to no avail. Your help is appreciated!



Submitted June 29, 2017 at 09:41PM by bradbradbradbr http://ift.tt/2sr4cLj

No comments:

Post a Comment