Friday 30 June 2017

MSI Bios HDD Disabled

This afternoon while on PC, my Corsair Cherry MX keyboard malfunctioned after being completely fine for three hours of use, spamming ////////// and random series of numbers in all chat boxes. This lasted for about 10 minutes, making it impossible to type but still allowing me to control WASD while playing Overwatch, which I thought was rather strange. Thinking it was a minor issue, I restarted PC in an attempt to fix it, and it auto-booted me into MSI BIOS where my HDD was disabled. This is a custom built PC with no technical issues prior to today, I'll post the specs down below. Fixes I've tried:

  1. Unplugging all USB devices and rebooting
  2. Reseting boot order to prioritize HDD
  3. Auto clear_CMOS
  4. Plugging and replugging SATA cables

None of these have fixed the problem.

PC Specs:

-Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz

-GPU: 8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series

-Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO (MS-7984) (U3E1)

Thanks in advance for any help.



Submitted July 01, 2017 at 04:10AM by kirei- http://ift.tt/2t9MApp

No comments:

Post a Comment