Friday 30 June 2017

Adjusted Skylake CPU voltage w/ ASUS Mobo, now my BIOS screen freezes after 3-5 seconds + won't boot (BSOD)

Have an i7-6700k and Z170-A Asus motherboard. Using Windows 10 Pro

I have had my voltage at 1.35 @4.5ghz for about a month and a half. All I did was lower it from 1.35 > 1.30 and tried to boot into Windows, I was met with what I now know as the Blue screen of death

I can still get into the BIOS for about 5 seconds before it freezes, but I can see the voltage is set at 1.08 (!) I know I didn't mistakenly lower the value by 50 or anything, and I used the minus key to change it by .05. When saving your settings it shows what changes were made, and that was the only one

Any help would be fantastic.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 12:28PM by methAndgatorade http://ift.tt/2sXLvCL

No comments:

Post a Comment