Friday 30 June 2017

Cable tech left without telling me what he found. Internet is still slow. Found his notes: "srn dropped on card once." What does that mean?

If it matters, here is some context.

I have Internet through Mediacom. I'm supposed to get 200 Mbps, but typically get under 50--often under 5.

After several calls and visits, Mediacom's techs are just less and helpful. Last time, the phone rep said she'd run a test that showed there was a problem with the line in my yard (which seemed realistic, because it had recently been cut by a neighbor digging--it was supposedly fixed since then, but I wasn't surprised to here there were still problems).

The tech arrived and began working outside without notifying me. No big deal, since the work would likely be all outside, due to the bad line. But then the tech also left without talking to me to tell me what he found, and the problem still persists.

Mediacom puts me in a loop when I call, but I was able to find some notes from the tech on my account that say "SRN DROPPED ON CARD ONCE."

Does that mean anything? I just thought if I had some idea of what the test showed, that would give me a foothold to actually get some help from Mediacom.



Submitted July 01, 2017 at 02:46AM by ArthurGordonPymp http://ift.tt/2tvnyU0

No comments:

Post a Comment