Thursday 29 June 2017

Got a BSOD the other day, and the culprit seems to be Logitech Gaming Software, though I don't fully understand ntoskrnl.exe. Looking to know what to do now?

So I got BSOD and the BlueScreenView was pointing to:

ntoskrnl.exe

Which from what I could see doesn't help much. Related to drivers.

I ran verifier.exe against ntoskrnl.exe again and again trying to find out which part it was.

// tests

  • Unplugged M+KB
  • Unistalled and unplugged PCI-E Wireless adapter.. also tried 3 different drivers here.
  • Same for the ASUS sounds card
  • Same for the Nvidia video card

Made sure all mobo drivers were up to date.

All crashed anyway.

I ran chckdsk and sfc scannow.

I ran memtest

Everything there came back good. (PC is only 3 months old)

I reset BIOS to default. No change.

Finally I gave up and formatted and reinstalled Windows. Ran verifier.exe between every driver install. Nothing.

// end tests

The last thing I did was install "Logitech Gaming Software." Now if I run verifier against ntoskrnl.exe, it will BSOD when Logitech Gaming Software is running.

If I turn Logitech Gaming Software off from starting at boot, and don't open it. No issue when running verifier.exe


So I have 2 Logitech products. G403 Wireless and G910.. I could survive without the software, but its also beneficial as well. So I guess I'm kind of in a jam here.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 08:41AM by BeerGogglesFTW http://ift.tt/2u4LICq

No comments:

Post a Comment