Monday 26 February 2018

USB Stick won't show full storage Win7

I have a Verbatim 8GB Store'n'Go usb stick that is only letting me see and use ~780MB of storage. I've been slowly battling to recover the drive for a year and have run out of ideas. I've tried reformating it through explorer, re-partitioning through diskpart, re-partitioning through bootice, and probably other tools I cannot recall and had no luck. Here are a few screenshots from my results. I've browsed many forums without solutions. Any idea how I could possibly recover this drive to it's factory settings and storage capacity?

Background: I used this drive many years ago in college for projects (mainly Mac OS) and afterwards reformated and once used it for a transfer of xbox data. Since then I haven't used it for storage but I'm fairly certain I removed the xbox data and re-formated it for storage. I may have attempted making a boot disk with rufus at some point on it but I don't think I ever got around to actually trying. Either way, the storage is missing on all systems. When finding the link I noticed it has a "password security feature" available for download? I don't recall ever using such a feature and have never been prompted for a password.



Submitted February 27, 2018 at 08:00AM by Abaddon182 http://ift.tt/2FzxMqk

No comments:

Post a Comment