Wednesday 28 February 2018

New Ryzen 2200G build with no post or beeps

Hey guys, So I built a Ryzen 2200G in a Fractal Core 1000 case with an ASUS-B350M-Plus Motherboard. I bought G.Skill 2666 2x 4 GB RAM, Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB m.2, 1 TB Seagate Enterprise Drive, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, EVGA 600 Watt Bronze PSU, ASUS DVD-RW, and a cheap Bytec Card Reader.

I can not get the system to post or display. I have unplugged everything that isn't necessary, USB headers, Sata cables, etc. with no change. I threw in a brand new GT 710, no display. I reseated the CPU thinking maybe I screwed it up, no dice. I removed the m.2, nope. I installed the speaker both ways, cause I couldn't see the + marked in the manual or the board and regardless I still get no beeps. If I take out the RAM, no beeps. If I switch the RAM with G.Skill 2400 2x 4 GB kit still no post. If I just put in one stick of either, no post no beeps. I get lights and fans and NOTHING else.

I think I need to flash the bios or the motherboard is fried... All the parts are brand spanking new from neweggbusiness and I work in a Tech Shop so I can get new parts and such fairly quickly but dang... this sucks. Hoping maybe someone can help shed some light so I know what to try next. I just ordered a R5 1500X for stock for our shop sooo I am going to try that when it comes in. I am also just leaving it powered on to see if maybe the post will take time but it's been about 10 minutes with nothing. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.



Submitted February 28, 2018 at 10:06PM by KryoTronic http://ift.tt/2F0O7Y3

No comments:

Post a Comment