Wednesday 28 February 2018

I have a NAS drive with ~1000 videos on it, is there anyway I can make a front end that filters the videos, then allows the filtered videos to be downloaded in to a zip?

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong subreddit. This is a work thing that I have been dumped with as I know how to use Excel beyond the sum command which has made me appear to the higher-ups as an IT wizard.

The company has a NAS drive, with ~1000 videos on, they are named like the following: 'DDMMYYYY_Var1_Var2_Var3_Var4.mp4'

The Var's are things like events, locations etc.

What I have been tasked to do is make a front end that filters the files by their Var's, for example videos that took place in London, and then zip and download those files.

The NAS is a QNAP NAS, and has access to the QNAP store which includes such things as MYSql. I'm pretty sure I need to make a database with tags that links to a file, but I have no idea about how to go about making a front end that can filter and download files.

Any suggestions are appreciated.



Submitted February 28, 2018 at 04:31PM by Haynes_ http://ift.tt/2oCuWZx

No comments:

Post a Comment