Wednesday 28 February 2018

My grandpa is dying, and we can't access his computer

I don't know if this is the right sub to post this (please direct to me a better sub if you know of one) but my grandpa is dying, and we can't access his computer, which has important files like his will among other things, but that much is obvious from the title. The reason we can't access his computer is that we don't know what his password is, and while he is awake and comprehensive enough to respond to questions, he can't move more than nodding or shaking his head, and he can't talk. So our initial idea was to go individual letter by letter until he nodded yes and we would eventually get the password. However, he is too impatient and after twenty minutes, we still had barely gotten anywhere. So is there a way for us to easily get him to be able to tell us what his computer password is? I thought about if there was an app on the ios app store that could use the camera to track his eye movements and allow him to type with his eyes, simlilar to how stephen hawking's text to voice works, but I couldn't find anything. So I need your help reddit. We don't know how long he has left and the sooner we could find out the better.



Submitted February 28, 2018 at 11:13AM by Aj-stuff http://ift.tt/2HTyNKn

No comments:

Post a Comment