Wednesday 28 February 2018

Recovered files - jumbled, unorganised - serious volume. Help!

Hi, this is my first reddit post so I hope i've got this right posting this here.

Many years ago when I was a lot smarter I had a windows laptop harddrive die on me. The only hard drive in the machine, of course. I had a desktop and when the laptop fellover i figured this shouldn't be TOO difficult to recover... and thus I managed to take it apart, buy a caddy and recover a shed load of data which i have on a hard drive.

I'm in the process of going fully cloud and trying to get rid of these hard drives. I've gone through with various bits of software to remove and group images and videos and really i'm left with a shit load of .txt and .doc files along with a few excel sheets which I am currently opening one by one to examine.

This is getting me no-where fast.

There are thousands of docs.

I'm that anal kind of person that does kind of want to explore everything here in case i missed something. I was a keen notepad user for jotting down notes and what not and i'm an annoyingly zealous filekeeper, so i will end up going through them one by one if it kills me: but i'd rather not.

Does anyone have any interesting suggestions or ideas as to how we might overcome this issue?

I know full well the majority of these docs are spurious! :(

I'm on a windows ten laptop and my nerd level is intermediate.



Submitted March 01, 2018 at 01:00AM by AfterSafe http://ift.tt/2F16jg3

No comments:

Post a Comment