Tuesday 27 February 2018

Using DMZ on an Xbox One?

I have been having insane issues with my ISP since I moved into my apartment complex. It is technically student living which means all utilities are supplied by the complex owners meaning I cannot change providers.

On top of the terrible speeds, consistent (and I mean by the minute) brown outs, and no permanent tech guy in our area, my room was also not given an Ethernet port because that is how they decided to install our access point. We have no port in our living room - I tried splitting my roommates but his port is broken.

Finally our third roommate has moved out and i have installed my router for the first time since living here via his port. Now I am having an issue with double natting. I can not bypass or bridge our access point so I was wondering if their would be signifigant harm or benefit to putting my xbox on DMZ through my router - or using my router as an access point with my xbox's IP.



Submitted February 27, 2018 at 10:11PM by wisewordofd http://ift.tt/2GNJWLt

No comments:

Post a Comment