Wednesday 28 February 2018

Windows 10 peripheral device failure

Today when I turned on my computer it immediately started to install the driver software for my mouse and keyboard, which I thought was odd, because they should already be installed... It will claim to have successfully installed the keyboard driver, even though it's totally unresponsive, and the mouse is an even stranger case, where it continuously makes the "usb connected" and then immediately "usb disconnected" noises over and over again until I unplug the mouse, meanwhile it's flashing away and the "installing driver software notification keeps popping up.

When I view the device manager, the mouse will appear on the list for a second and then disappear the same way, in a constant cycle. I've tried finding the driver software online to download it manually with no luck.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the usb drivers hoping that would help, no luck there either. An attempt to try a different keyboard and a different mouse yielded the same results. I'm really at a loss.

My computer didn't update recently and everything was fine a couple of days ago. I know the usb ports are working because the computer responds when I plug things in, it just does it in an erratic manner. I haven't downloaded anything or dropped the computer or made any significant changes to it. This is really driving me nuts, so if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

(Computer is a dell latitude e6330 with plenty of ram and memory and has had no major issues. it's refurbished, but it's been fine for over a year and all of this just started today.)



Submitted February 28, 2018 at 10:43AM by Apocrypzier http://ift.tt/2t5qZBU

No comments:

Post a Comment