Wednesday 28 February 2018

I have a partitioned SSD. Half EXT4 half NTFS. Want to clean install Windows on the whole thing. Best way? Also don't want to lose my Windows product key.

I can probably find a way to do this, but I want to make sure I do it right the first time. One partition is running Ubuntu on an EXT4 partition and the other is Windows 10 in an NTFS partition.

Windows can't read EXT4, so it isn't as simple as reinstalling Windows and deleting the other partition and reformatting in the install wizard.

I thought of running Ubuntu from a flash drive and deleting the SSD partition that way. Would this be the best way? Or install some EXT4 support program on Windows?

Also, will I lose my Windows 10 product key?

Thanks in advance!



Submitted March 01, 2018 at 12:11AM by burajin http://ift.tt/2EZG3qs

No comments:

Post a Comment