Saturday 31 March 2018

PC says i dont have a genuine windows key when i do

So about 2 weeks ago i moved my ssd into my brothers computer while he was away. After a few days i see an "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner, i think to myself "ehh, thats just because i moved the ssd. It will be fine once i move back to my PC." Well fast forward to today the watermark is still there and i cant activate windows.
I bought a genuine copy of windows 7 about 5 years ago, and 2 years ago i upgraded to windows 10. I dont have the windows key because i threw the box away after i installed windows 7 (i know im a moron) so i cant just activate it again. Is there anything i can do?

EDIT: I went to the microsoft store to buy a new copy and there was an option to check my current os and it found it was genuine



Submitted March 31, 2018 at 07:32PM by guyofthewater12 https://ift.tt/2pTY4Nv

No comments:

Post a Comment