Thursday 29 March 2018

Student Ethernet Connection Problems, Easter Weekend in peril!

So basically I’m in some Student Accommodation in Germany and they provided me with a wired Ethernet connection via IPv4. Ive followed their directions which are to input:

IP Subnet Gateway DNS1 DNS2

The plan is that I then log onto their website and input my user details. However, putting these values in allows me to connect to “Network 4” with no internet access. It displays the yellow ! on the toolbar. However in the Networking centre it does show me sending and receiving bytes and in the “Network” tab of the Explorer I can see 15 other individual computers, so clearly I’m connected to something.

IpConfig /all

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-Specific DNS suffix: Description: Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30) Physical address: (assumed correct) DHCP enabled: No Auto configuration Enabled: Yes IPv4 Address: 172.31.150.58 (Preferred) Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 172.31.150.254 DNS Servers: 139.18.25.3 139.18.1.2 NetBIOS over Tcpip: Enabled

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m typing from an iPhone on 4G with no WiFi or internet of any kind available on my laptop. Thanks!

Edit: Hit a mistype on the IP.



Submitted March 30, 2018 at 01:17AM by WolffParkinsonWrite http://bit.ly/2J4huqL

No comments:

Post a Comment