Saturday 31 March 2018

Attempting to connect a second Dell screen to an Acer desktop--what cord do I need?

Hi all.

I recently purchased a two Dell E2416HM G0RH1 24" monitors and an Acer Aspire desktop 7th gen i3-7100 TC-780ACKi3. I'm attempting to get the second monitor connected to have excel on one side and word or images on the other.

The Dell monitor has two inputs--a 15 pin connector, which came with a cord and connects to the computer just fine, and a second input, which appears to be a DVI cable. The computer only has one 15 pin connection, though. Should I be looking for this DVI to USB cord? It seems like there are lots of splitters, adapters, and different hardware for this. What should I be looking for? Thanks.



Submitted March 31, 2018 at 11:52PM by willp73013 https://ift.tt/2J8jn5N

No comments:

Post a Comment