Thursday 29 March 2018

Disable HP DV6 Laptop Dedicated Graphics Card

Laptop: HP DV6 6b13es

Specs:

-CPU Core i7-2720QM

-GPU: Intel HD 3000 (integrated) - Radeon Hd 6770m (Dedicated)

-8 GB DDR3-SDRAM

Hi guys,

My laptop has a faulty graphics card, it is fried probably because overheating and the problem is that everytime that I install or enable the dedicated graphics card Hd 6770m the pc goes into a black screen and freezes. So my temporal solution has been disabling and uninstalling the drivers for the graphics card and stopping windows 10 from re-enabling the GPU and work with the integrated intel's graphics card.

My question is: Is there any way to disable the dedicated graphics card from the bios to prevent any way of reenabling from windows? I'm not able to use windows 10 updates because of this, if I active windows updates, windows reenables the graphics card and the pc inmediately freezes.



Submitted March 29, 2018 at 08:40PM by smith_sens https://ift.tt/2GE0byw

No comments:

Post a Comment