Thursday 29 March 2018

Outlook.com External Email Not Syncing/Refreshing

Hello, I'm currently helping a family member with some tech issues and I've fixed most of them however there seem to be two issues I can't solve (technically 1 now because the other seems to have solved itself but it might be related):

Before we start I'd like to point out that, while I know my way around a PC pretty well, I have absolutely no clue about anything web/email hosting or networking related.


1 - The "Fixed" issue:

My family member has both a hotmail account and an email account (and website) hosted through Exclusive Hosting, which itself uses something called Roundcube as a webmail client (?). She uses mainly that non-Hotmail email for business, however, her clients have told her for about a week now that when they try to email her there they get an error. They never send her the error though and every time I tried emailing her (through gmail) it works though, however, I did get this error twice today when emailing her from her own Hotmail (my gmail had worked just a couple of minutes earlier though):

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: <Her Email> host <IP> [<IP>] SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<Her Email>: 550 relay not permitted 

Then it started randomly working again after I messed with catch-all inbox and blacklist settings in her mail server. Returning them to how they were when it wasn't working though doesn't unfix it, so I'm not sure what's the cause of the fix. Googling for this error brings a lot of results but none that seem to apply (I can't for the life of my find anything remotely related to SMTP, any logs, or anything).


2 - The current issue:

That same email account she accesses through her domain's email website is also linked to her Hotmail account which she accesses through outlook.com, however, there's very strange behavior going on: She can only receive emails when first linking the account. Even just going into Settings and manually refreshing doesn't work, you need to edit the linked account, put the username and password back in, and then save for her inbox refresh... Once. I've tried linking through both POP and IMAP (both of which the host gives all information for) but it's always the same behavior.

The weird thing is that it is possible to send emails from that external email through Outlook, meaning that it is connected, and the address is receiving emails (you can see them when accessing through the host's website), so it seems like the issue is just Outlook simply refusing to sync up after syncing up the first time right after the "set up."


Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Submitted March 29, 2018 at 08:03PM by PM_ME_UR_SMILE_GURL https://ift.tt/2IgDei3

No comments:

Post a Comment